Developed by the RE Council of England and Wales, the RE Directory is designed as a first-stop reference point for all who are interested in religious education.
The REC gratefully acknowledges the support of Culham St Gabriel’s in funding the re-design and updating of this directory.
The RE PD Portal is part of the RE Directory and is designed as a one-stop-shop for teachers and others involved in RE to find out about professional development opportunities of all kinds. The PD database is searchable by region, by phase and by provision type. The site also includes an authoritative online CPD handbook with material on religious traditions and non-religious worldviews, curriculum teaching, learning and assessment, leading and managing RE and much more.
The Documents and articles section includes:
- the Practice Code for Teachers of RE, information about financial support for PD,
- a paper outlining what good school PD provision for RE might look like,
- the APPG Truth Unmasked report on the supply of and support for teachers of RE,
- the report of the REC’s RE Teaching & Training Commission,
- and a set of standards for CPD providers.
There is also a section with links to relevant related websites.