Over the next year we want to use what we have already achieved as the springboard to greater things.
We plan to:
- Continue to provide the secretariat for the Commission on RE, which will be publishing its final report in late 2018. We will be asking member organisations to respond to the questions raised in the interim report to assist the Commission with its recommendations in the final report.
- Continue to work through our PR Group, in partnership with NATRE and RE Today, to promote positive public understanding of RE. We attended the Conservative and Labour autumn party conferences, and are planning a youth event to be held at Westminster in the spring involving the Young Ambassadors for RE and pupils from other schools across the country, who will debate and explore the issues at the heart of worthwhile and challenging RE.
- Continue to publicise and promote the RE Quality Mark scheme to a wide range of schools across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Build on the work of our teacher recruitment campaign to improve the number of appropriately qualified RE teachers coming into the profession
- Promote high quality CPD opportunities for RE teachers via the RE PD Portal