- to promote high quality teaching, learning and assessment in RE
- to influence the development of public policy to encourage and support high quality RE
- to enhance public understanding of RE and its value to young people and wider society
- to secure effective structures and operation for the REC
- to secure adequate and sustainable resources for the REC
The Beyond the Ordinary teacher recruitment campaign was a response to the shortage of RE specialists teaching in English secondary schools, and promotes RE teaching as an attractive career choice to undergraduates and career changers. The RE Quality Mark promotes and celebrates high-quality teaching, learning and assessment in RE at primary and secondary level, and the Young Ambassadors for RE have worked hard to enhance public understanding of RE and its value to young people and wider society. One of the aims of the Commission on RE is to influence the development of public policy and increase support for high quality RE among policy-makers.
Find out more about these projects
To find out more about past REC projects and explore the resources and guidance documents which were produced and published as a result of these projects, visit our Resources section.