Christian Education is an ecumenical charity which works from a Christian foundation to promote lifelong learning in religion and faith for all, as a positive contribution to the well-being of society. Supporting multi-faith Religious Education in schools is a major part of the charity’s work, which it does through the trading name of RE Today Services. Christian Education also sponsors the National Association of Teachers of Religious Education (NATRE).
RE Today Services is the part of the ecumenical charity Christian Education which delivers the charity’s work with schools, specifically supporting, resourcing and training teachers of multi-faith Religious Education for 4- 19s.
Contributions to RE
The charity employs a team of full-time, salaried subject-specialist RE Advisers. The work of this team includes:
- planning and delivering training and professional development opportunities for teachers of multi-faith RE in all types of schools and contexts
- providing consultancy services related to RE to a wide variety of organisations including schools, local authorities, dioceses SACREs, and publishers
- producing a termly subscription package to support primary and secondary teachers of RE, including the REtoday magazine
- publishing a range of curriculum materials on RE for 4 – 16s written by the team of advisers
- contributing to curriculum development initiatives in a variety of local and national contexts
- working in collaboration with NATRE on a variety of curriculum initiatives, research and professional development opportunities
- supporting research in areas related to RE through its title the British Journal of Religious Education (BJRE).
Contact Christian Education / RE Today
|Address||Christian Education, 1020 Bristol Road, Selly Oak, Birmingham B29 6LB||RE Today Services, 1020 Bristol Road, Selly Oak, Birmingham B29 6LB|
|Telephone||0121 472 4242||0121 472 4242|