The four REC committees work to achieve the REC’s strategic objectives:
- to promote high quality teaching, learning and assessment in RE
- to influence the development of public policy to encourage and support high quality RE
- to enhance public understanding of RE and its value to young people and wider society
- to secure effective structures and operation for the REC
- to secure adequate and sustainable resources for the REC
The REC advertises vacancies on committees to member organisations via email, inviting expressions of interest to join a particular committee. Members may then apply or recommend colleagues who they feel would be an asset to a committee. The REC Board will scrutinise applications and select individuals based on the skills and experience (if applicable) that would be most valuable to the committee at the time.
RE Policy Unit (joint with RE Today and NATRE)
Deborah Weston (Chair), Peter Ward, Ed Pawson, Zoe Keens, Mubina Khan-Daniels, Fiona Moss, Daniel Hugill, Juliet Lyal, Paul Smalley, Ben Wood, Andrew Copson.
Kathryn Wright (Chair), Bob Bowie, Trevor Cooling, Luke Donnellan, Dave Francis, Sarah Hall, Derek Holloway, Fiona Moss, Philip Robinson, Rebecca Swansbury, Linda Rudge, Mark Chater, Anthea Kenna, Ben Wood.
Finance and Fundraising Committee
Trevor Cooling (Chair), Aliya Azam, Mark Chater, Naushad Mehrali, Rosemary Rivett, Sandra Teacher, Andrew Copson.
Sarah Lane Cawte (Chair), Peter Ward, Sara Perlmutter, Robin Taylor, Roy Galley, Satnam Poonian Singh, Deborah Weston.