- RE represented at the political party conferences for fourth year running
- Review of RE a positive step towards safeguarding the subject
- 800,000 secondary pupils lose out on religious literacy: no RE taught in a quarter of all state secondary schools
- Falling numbers of Religious Studies GCSE entries suggests schools struggling to meet legal obligations
- Entries for Religious Studies A level remain high with the fastest growth among arts, humanities and social sciences
Thu 01st Sep 2016
REC welcomes new Project Manager for RE Quality Mark
The REC is delighted to announce that Linda Rudge will be taking over from Myatt Myatt and Jane Brooke as Project Manager of the RE Quality Mark from September 2016. Here are a few words from Linda:
The RE Quality Mark is an important contribution to the subject’s development in England and Wales. The previous project managers, Mary Myatt and Jane Brooke, their support colleagues at the REC, and funding organisations, have created an important feature in the RE landscape. Schools and teachers who engage in the process of self-evaluation and external validation report a high level of satisfaction and enjoyment, and the celebration of their good RE helps to promote staff confidence, pupil progress and local partnerships. Centres of excellence and classroom based research in RE help us all to meet national challenges in this fast-changing educational context.
I am greatly looking forward to taking up my role as Project Manager in September. It will be good to work with new colleagues and long-standing friends in the scheme - those who are assessors, teachers in existing award schools, and those applying for the REQM.
Best wishes to all for another successful year.