- 16 to 19 Project Development
- A Practice Code for Teachers of RE
- Celebrating RE
- Challenging Voices - REsilience FE Booklet
- DfE Teacher Standards 2013: An RE exemplification
- Emerging Voices
- Guidance on selecting resources
- Learning Outside the Classroom
- RE CPD Handbook
- Religious believers visiting schools
- RE Quality Mark
- RE Subject Review
- The RE Teacher's Media Toolkit
DfE Teacher Standards 2013: An RE exemplification
What is it for?
This is a support tool to help individual teachers interpret the DfE standards in relation to RE. It could be used for self audit or in the context of professional development. The RE exemplification material simply illustrates the particular RE applications of the general standards and also refers to further helpful sources of information such as the REC's Code of Conduct and Practice for Teachers of RE and the RE Quality Mark's criteria for achieving that award.
Who wrote it?
This guidance material was produced jointly by NATRE members and the Professional Development Committee of the RE Council.
Are RE teachers required to follow it?
Unlike the DfE Teacher Standards, this is not a statement of a statutory requirement. It is something teachers can use as they wish to support their own development and for subject leaders to use in work with colleagues. Any suggestions as to how it might be improved will be welcomed.
Download the DfE Teacher Standards: an RE exemplification