- RE State of the Nation research
- RE PD Portal: keep up to date on the latest RE CPD opportunities
- REC former Company Secretary to receive OBE in Queen's Birthday Honours
- Campaign legacy sees teacher recruitment momentum continue
- REQM first award for Northern Ireland
Wed 30th Mar 2016
Campaign legacy sees teacher recruitment momentum continue
The second year of the Beyond the Ordinary campaign to attract people to apply for PGCEs in secondary RE is now underway. We are building on the legacy of last year’s efforts, which saw RE PGCE recruitment in 2015 outperforming all other PGCE subjects generally, and other humanities subjects in particular. This year, the campaign is focused on using social media and direct communication with degree students.
Most recent UCAS statistics are even more encouraging:
- In mid-January overall numbers of RE applications were over 30% higher than last year, far outperforming other subjects as a whole
- Applicants with either a conditional place or a holding offer numbered 210 – up over 150 per cent on the equivalent 2014 figure (80).
Please continue to share the campaign's messages and the Beyond the Ordinary video via your social media channels.